Our very own Centerplate employee, Jayne, has shared with us her super tasty Malteser Fridge Cake recipe for Maple Syrup Day!
This Malteser cake / slice is so gorgeous and easy to make – you don’t even need to put the oven on! And there's only one bowl to wash up too! It is so quick to throw together and would be great at children's parties. You can even get the children to help you make, as nothing gets particularly hot.
- 100g butter
- 200g milk chocolate (broken into chunks)
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 225g Maltesers (you can use a mix of white and milk chocolate Maltesers)
- Add the butter, syrup and milk chocolate to a microwaveable dish. (A pan on the hob can be used if you don't want to use the microwave)
- Put the biscuits in a freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin until they are crumbs
- Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup in short bursts in the microwave (or over a low heat on the hob) until fully melted. Try not to let it get too hot or the chocolate will melt around the Maltesers when you add them.
- Add the biscuit crumbs to the chocolate and mix well.
- Add the Maltesers and give it another mix to incorporate them with the biscuit and chocolates. Dont worry if they don't stay in the mix very well, they will when it is pressed into the tin.
- Squash the mix into a baking tin lined with baking paper - approx 9x7inch or equivalent. Compact it down well. (A top later of cling film is excellent for this)
- Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set. Remove from baking tray and slice into squares.